Title: Library/ Programming Assistant, Langdon Public Library
Duties: This individual will be responsible for planning and presenting programs and activities for diverse age groups, to encourage reading and stimulate use of the library including story times, summer reading programs, outreach programs, and special events. Other duties include staffing the circulation desk; instructing patrons needing help on library computers, readers’ advisory, answering reference questions as needed.
1. Strong interest in working with children and young adults.
2. Proficiency with children’s and young adult literature.
3. Knowledgeable about issues related to child development.
4. Comfort level using information technology in assigned functions, including
a. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Publisher
b. Familiarity with mobile devices such as smart phones, tablets and eReaders
c. Familiarity with updating websites and social media
5. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
6. Ability to see tasks through to completion and in a timely fashion.
7. Ability to multi-task.
8. Ability to collaborate with and maintain effective working relationships with patrons, staff, the Board of Trustees, community groups, and local schools.
Hours: 20 – 24 hours/week. Some flexibility in hours. Wednesdays and Fridays required, Saturdays 2/ month.
Salary: Starting pay of $15.00- $17.00 hour, commensurate with experience.